Thursday, July 14, 2011

Birthday Extravaganza, "Harry Potter" and Art-y-ness

Today is my birthday. I usually don't work - since I was a summer kid, I never had to celebrate my birthday at school and I have just sort of carried it over to my work life. I get a "personal holiday" each year and I mostly use it for my birthday. This year, I had to work due to some needs. I was a little annoyed, but I decided that I could either be annoyed and let it ruin my day or I could just enjoy it. People are lovely on your birthday - everyone stops by to wish you a happy birthday. Yesterday, a friend brought homemade cupcakes - decorated and everything! for everyone to enjoy. It kind of made me rethink the whole "take your birthday off every year" decision. Maybe taking a three day weekend the weekend after my birthday is the best thing. That's what I'm doing - tomorrow, I'm off!

On the birthday theme, I have been on the fence about going to see the last "Harry Potter"movie tonight for my birthday. For one thing, I know I will get a little tired. Sad, huh? I'm usually up until 12:30am or so, but I'm not usually in a darkened theatre. But I know this movie will be filled with battle and excitement. I have seen every movie since #3 at the opening show, so it feels appropos.

As for art-y-ness, I did work on my new journal, journaled in my first J.O.Y. journal and took some pics for days 13 and 14. I haven't doctored them up yet because I have to leave for the movie. I know I'm kind of taking a chance going so late, but I'm not willing to camp out to see a movie. I'm sure I will get a seat. :)  I'm going to a more rural location to see the movie because I know that it isn't as popular as some of the local theatres.  So, tomorrow, pics of my art journaling for Days 13 and 14. Really. I will post them.

So, all in all, a very good day. Thanks to all of you who helped to make it so. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin