Saturday, July 2, 2011

Relaxing and 30 Days of Getting Your Art On Day 2

I finally watched "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I" again. I only saw it once while it was in the theaters.  I LOVED the book and I knew that it was so complex and long that I was nervous about the movie. The first time I saw it, I was a little disappointed - they cut out a few scenes that seemed pretty emotionally important.  I have been waiting and waiting to see it again and finally watched it tonight. I liked it much better the second time but it made me want to read the book again. I'm not sure I will be able to finish it from the day we finish "Mary Poppins" to the day it comes out, but I'm going to give it a whirl.

I did an art journal page - it isn't quite done yet. I didn't plan super-well and ended up with some stuff glued down before I was really ready. It's okay though - good practice for me to not have everything be perfect (as if anything ever is!).  I started with a color theme and then I couldn't carry it off and that's when things went awry. The photo is tinted wrong, too. I think the lighting was too poor to get a good image. I will try again tomorrow, but for now, here it is:

  Yeah - I definitely don't like the tint of this photo. I played with the color a little but I couldn't get it to look like the actual page. I will continue to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin