Friday, July 1, 2011

July Project - Getting My Art On (Day 1)

Well, as disappointed as I am about not finishing #Trust30, I like that I gave myself permission to stop. I have copied all the prompts down so that if I feel so inclined, I can insert them along the way. I just couldn't keep writing about the same things - I know the folks who were asked to submit prompts weren't expected to work together but really, there are only so many ways I can talk about who I think I might be in 5-10 years or about all the goals I haven't accomplished and what I should do to change it. I loved the idea of this challenge, but I just couldn't go there.

In the Journey of You (J.O.Y.) class with Kelly Kilmer, we have a Tumblr group (which I still don't really understand but enjoy as much as I can).  One of the members of the group posts her photos and links to her blog. I went there again today and found a challenge I liked for my birthday month. :)  I read her post and I was intrigued by the "Get Your Art On" challenge and I have a Traci Bunkers book, so I decided to check it out.  The colors she uses were the first thing that attracted me, so I decided to go for it.

30 Days of Get Your Art On

I liked the idea of stating my own rules for the challenge - goals that are achievable and reasonable, so here's what I'm thinking today:
  • I will make art (in my art journal, probably) every day for 30 days and post what I have done
  • I don't have to make a complete project
  • I will work at least 10 minutes but may work longer if time permits
  • I may or may not talk about the art in my post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin