Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 17: Home Again

The morning started out bright and shiny - the gulls were flying around, the skies were clear. As we drove away from the condo around 11:15am, the fog had rolled in and socked in Depoe Bay, Boiler Bay and Lincoln City, almost as if to send us home without regret.

I feel like I had an actual vacation. I feel rested, although I could rest some more. I feel like my head is clearer and I loved being at the coast. I watched some great movies, read my great book, listened to some good music, ate some good food, and sat on the deck and enjoyed the sunshine and the ocean as much as I could.

It was a quieter vacation than I am used to - I often end up running around doing stuff I like, but would rather not do on vacation...this time, there was none of that. I went to bed when I was tired, I read and napped and ate when I felt like it. What a great week.

I wish I could have just a few more days to really cement the feeling. But alas, no luck. But it was still sunny when we got home, so I threw open the curtains in the living room and enjoyed the sunshine here, too.

Some last, similar photos of the deck view. I don't know why I didn't take photos of other stuff. I guess because I didn't see much else. I don't care. I loved it.

Photos from 5/17/09:

My feet are sad that vacation is almost over...and that there is no sun on the balcony at 10:00am.


See, it was sunny this morning, before we left




Gorgeous blue sky




Down the coastline




The drive home was beautiful and all the clover fields were in bloom as well as the rhodie at the house:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin