Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 16: Last Full Day (No Day But Today)

It is so hard to think about going home. Today, I just got up, ate breakfast and sat outside reading for a good portion of the day. Oh, I did watch some "American Idols: Where are they Now" on the TV Guide channel and a special on Animal Planet about rescuing Orangutans. I'm glad I didn't use the TV in the bedroom until today or I might have gone all squarehead and watched TV from bed all day long. That would have sucked.

Instead, I made great progress in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". I am hoping to finish "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" before the movie comes out this summer. I have only read that one once - and listened to the audiobook version. I want to read it again before I see the film.

One thing I did yesterday and today that I forgot to mention in my writing yesterday - I have been reading "Life is a Verb" again. I was really flipping through, reading things that struck my fancy. I started jotting down little quotes from the book and from the quotes Patti uses on postcards in colored ink. I think I am going to use some of these quotes for my Hope Revolution project. I am going to put information about how to buy "Life is a Verb" on the back side of the postcard. I can't wait! I tried to make them look artful, but I really just want them to be lovely surprises for people.

I also started a Two-Year project from an impromptu book purchase. I bought "Building the Best You" a two-year discovery journal. I started it on the first night of this vacation. It asks some basic questions - the same ones daily for two years:

What did I do today?
What did I feel today?
What am I grateful for today?
What challenged me today?
How can I overcome that challenge?
What did I savor today?

Then every six weeks or so, it asks more questions:

Do I enjoy spending time with others?
Would I like to connect with more people?
Do I feel happy when I'm alone?
Do I feel safe and secure when I'm by myself?
Do I need others to feel whole?
Does my life include other people?
What was my high point in the preceding weeks?
What was my low point?
Did the time flow smoothly?
Did I create goals?
Did I work towards these goals?
Did I achieve these goals?

I can't wait to see what the outcome will be. I needed this - something simple - it takes five minutes to fill out right now, but I suspect it will get deeper as I go along. I hope so...

Anyway, May 16 photos:








Tonight, back to the entertainment center in the clubhouse to watch "RENT" Final Broadway Performance. Perfect! And I will bring my script with me so it will seem productive. Not like I need it...I know it all by heart. "There's only now, there's only here. Give in to love or live in fear. No other road, no other way, no day but today."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin