Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Imagining Something Different

Right now, I feel like I'm having some kind of out of body experience.  I find myself thinking about all the things I want to do that will be fun, that will be fulfilling, that are interesting.  

This is the first time in my life that I have not found my work completely engaging and rewarding.

Tonight, for example, I was looking at my September Oprah magazine and all I could see were bits for a collage.  "Live Now."  "Who Inspires me to live?" Stories about powerful women, quotes from them.  Beautiful photos and colors.  I want to create things and yet I don't know how to create anything but stories.  I am learning, though, and I want to spend all my time doing that.

Is that crazy?  Is this like all the other parts of my life that catch up to the general zeitgeist of the time right when everyone else is moving on to the next thing?  I guess it doesn't matter either way.  It is how I feel and I am trying to figure out how to indulge those feelings and still get everything else done.

My brain is a complex thing.  It perplexes me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin