Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to School

I have a raging headache, but I started a post tonight. I am going to lay down for a while. Back soon.

Here is the post I was working on when the headache got the better of me:

I always loved "Back to School" time - even still, out of school for many years, I go to the "Back to School" sales and marvel at the supplies and miss that beginning of the school year energy. Even when I worked for the school district, I always loved the beginning of the school year - it is scary but exhilerating at the same time. Meeting the new teachers, new friends, learning new subjects. New paper and pens and pencils (have I written about how much I LOVE office supplies?) are among my favorite things.

When I was in middle school and high school, I had a friend who lived a couple of blocks away and we used to spend the evening before school started together - usually sitting outside in the front yard, just talking and imaging and worrying. The days were still long at the end of August, so we would sit out there chatting until well after dark. Then, to bed. But I could never sleep. Even when I was working, I could never sleep the night before classes commenced - too nervous/excited.

So, to all teachers and kids out there, Happy Back to School week! Enjoy it while it lasts!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin