Friday, August 14, 2009

Inspiring but I Haven't Done it Yet

Patti Digh has done it again- she came up with a great idea and something that I WANT to do and have not started yet.

She has started to send a "Thank You" card a day and intends to do so for life.

I love this idea as I buy THANK YOU cards and stamps for THANK YOU cards and pens for THANK YOU cards and I don't write them. Sometimes I want to write them for silly little things or big things or just because.  Why don't I do it?  I can say because I'm busy, because I'm tired, because I procrastinate, because I didn't have the right pen or the right card. What is the real reason?

Sometimes, when I want to do it, I end up going to the scary place in my head where I imagine the other person's reaction and I scare myself off. Sometimes, I carry them around for days and days and then the impulse just goes away.  Sometimes, I don't know what I would say, even though I just really want to say THANK YOU, so I don't write it.

Not as any excuse, but I am planning to start after my show on Aug. 27 (I think that's the date).  I have the pens. I have the cards.  I have the will.  I have the website (go here first then follow the links) where I know I can find inspiration and support.  I may not manage to do it every day for the rest of my life, but I need to do this.  It is important.  I can feel it in my stomach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin