Friday, January 28, 2011

TGIF Now Has Meaning

I know I have written this before, but I never understood the whole "TGIF" sentiment when I worked as a freelance interpreter. I worked nights, weekends, holidays, whatever.  My schedule was unpredictable, so I just enjoyed time off when I had it and when I didn't, I didn't.

Now that I work in an office and I go to the same place every day and do the same thing - very little schedule variation or event variation, I understand TGIF more. It doesn't represent a dislike of the job or of work at all. It is just an acknowledgement that it has been 5 days since the last day of rest. And more are needed.  That's all.

I worked LATE tonight, but I finished all my 2010 wrap-up items and am on target to keep up in 2011. :)  Me likey.

I'm happily tired and off to watch a couple of DVD episodes of the last season of "24". It is really like crack. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin