Monday, January 3, 2011

Art Journal Every Day: Defying Gravity

I have always been a fiend about song lyrics. When I was 8, my parents bought me "An Evening with John Denver" (the one with the brown cover) and I would listen to it for hours. I believed every story in each song. I even borrowed my sister's oil pastels and her pad of paper to illustrate "Annie's Song" and "The Unsinkable Molly Brown".

Fast forward to New Year's Day 2011 and I found the phrase "Songs of the Soul" and used it as part of the cover for my new journal. What better place to write down song lyrics that have some meaning for me?

Tonight, from "Wicked", I give you some of "Defying Gravity".  This was an experiment and I didn't plan the lettering well enough to get the whole song. I may finish it on the next page, but my arms were tired and my back is hurting tonight, so I stopped after about 45 minutes.  I chose green in honor of Elphaba. It was fun to play with letters and to NOT BE PERFECT.


Note to self: "Sleeper" Buffy Season 7

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with the lettering. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin