Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Personal Alarm Clock

I think I need a keeper.  I would love to have someone who comes and says to me, "Now it's time for you to do your art journal for 45 minutes.  Now it's time for you to read a book for 30 minutes. Now it is time for you to go to bed."  I'm sure it would annoy the heck out of me in very short order.

I have read before that people who are very visual-spatial have poor senses of time or sometimes no sense of time.  I can relate to that in many ways.  If I get immersed in a project, I could go for hours without really knowing that time has gone by.  So go my evenings.  I get home, have to do something about dinner, try to relax for a while and before I know it, it is past time for me to retire for the evening.  I keep trying to get my days changed around - to work earlier and LEAVE earlier (the leave earlier is the hardest part, honestly).  I find it difficult to get home at 7:00pm or 7:30pm and have a productive evening.  I know I am just approaching it all the wrong way - I just haven't figured out what works for me.

For now, I will have to live without the living, breathing alarm clock and just get my act together. I will. I know I will. The real question is:  When?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin