Monday, January 10, 2011

Art Journaling Catch Up

I am proud to say that I have worked in my art journal daily since the beginning of the year. I didn't necessarily date all the things I did because I have sort of been doing a mix of things - I haven't been working in my 16 page journals - I got a journal from a friend on New Year's Day and have been decorating that. It is a totally different style of work for me and I'm not sure if I have a preference. I have just been trying to put less pressure on myself to be perfect, so this is a good start.

I love this picture...I have seen it several times in Vogue magazine...I will probably use it several times in some of my journals...

The quote says, "Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live. - Dorothy Thompson"


One of the best book titles ever.









I haven't completed ANY of the pages, but I am working through the journal. I don't know what it will end up looking like...This journal has a lot of pages, which I'm not really used to since working with the 16 page journals. I also know that some of these images I will keep as they are because they are just too beautiful to mar. I think this visual journal may be more diary-like with writing augmenting the images and then my 16 page journals will be more art-full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin