Saturday, January 29, 2011

Art Journal Every Day - Week 4 Check In

I went over to Balzer Designs today and found a great post about how to work through the week and do some Art journaling each day. Even though this is only for me and I am only really accountable to myself, I was relieved to see that prepping pages, cutting out images, etc. were considered part of the making of the art journal. I sort of thought I was cheating myself by considering those as part of my practice.

I spent some time actually making pages and I also signed up for the month of February for Art Journaling Every Day.

It's funny but the more I play around with images and do work in these journals, the more I want to do it. I think it is a great way to be in the moment - you can't really be thinking about other stuff while you are doing it. I'm just looking for the right colors and how I like the images and the materials. I sometimes put some music on, but it is really background noise that I'm not paying much attention to as I work.

I'm posting the pictures here, but I will be posting them on the Art Journal page (see the tab at the top of the blog under the banner).  I'm not 100% happy - one of them didn't turn out the way I wanted, but I think I will mess more with it and do some pen work or something. I'm not sure.  Right now, I'm just working with templates from one of the online classes I took. I'm trying not to worry about the end result as much as the process and using the templates.






I think that these seem unfinished. I guess because I started out with Teesha Moore's style, I feel like I should be messing with the pictures more - adding more doodling and art and penwork and changing the images. I think for a journal, it is okay not to change the images, but it is what I'm used to doing, so it feels like I forgot to do something. I tried to combine methods for a little while, but it was too complicated for someone like me who is working as a novice on all of this. I figure I would try a couple of different things, but keep the styles pure until I get the hang of it.

I also don't have a variety of materials - I think I need some more tapes and things that will help add variety to the pages. There just seem  to be these very specific places on each page where I feel like they need something.  I will get the hang of it eventually. It just takes practice. And I'm enjoying the practice, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin