Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 12: Churchill

“They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds.”~Winston Churchill 

I just thought this quote was funny and perfectly sums ups our cultural perspective on PERFECTION.

I wasn't thinking about perfection today. Or about Becoming. Or about my commitment to myself. Or 37 Days.

I ate lunch while calling into a conference call that I was already late to and trying to type on AIM to a co-worker to catch up.  I was behind on emails, behind on my work, people knocking at my door and the phone ringing on the other line.  I'm tired now. My head is kind of spinning and I feel like sinking down on the couch and taking a nap.

But this gives me a nice perspective on how important it is to take time, to do self-care, to reflect each day - even for a short time.  These past few days since I started this, I already have noticed a difference in my own presence and attentiveness to my co-workers and other people in my life.

Day 12 I fell down, but I can get back up again tomorrow. No excuses.  I'm gonna write myself in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin