Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 14: No Regrets

"You're only two and the whole wide world revolves around you.  Nothing's happened yet, that you might ever wish to forget.  It doesn't stay that way, if I could I make it stay that way." from Everything But the Girl

Today, on Day 14, I took a lunch break.  I didn't read my email, I didn't answer my AIM, I didn't look at reports.  I turned on my Everything but the Girl CD and ate my lunch.  The song above came on (I can't remember the name of it...I will look it up) and it struck me.

"Nothing's happened yet, that you might ever wish to forget."

I don't regret anything.  I don't want to forget anything.  Everything I have seen or done or experienced has led me to this place - to day 14 of my 37 Days Challenge - when I am looking at myself and my life and who I am and who I want to be.

That doesn't mean that everything was perfect or that I never made any mistakes, but that all those flaws, imperfections and wrong turns taught me and shaped me and gave me the filters I see the world through.

"These days remember, always remember..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin