Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 32: Downhill at this stage?

I had a hard day today.  Just some realizations that I think I already knew but that I had to relearn.

I realized (again) that no matter how hard I try, I cannot please everyone.  And mostly, the displeasure or pleasure that people feel about you may or may not be about you at all.  It may be about the swirling of their universe around them and you can't even see it, much less affect it.

No matter how nice, how flexible, how accomodating, how patient, how clear, how kind, how attentive you are, it is not enough for most people.  And that has to be okay.  

Today, I had a hard time being ok with it.  Then I get frustrated with myself for not remembering this before I got frustrated in the first place.  

I guess I should expect some speed bumps.  It all comes from being more aware.  That's never a bad thing, just not always the easiest thing to be.

1 comment:

  1. life always seems to be about relearning what we know, doesn't it.
    love the new banner.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin