Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 16 Thoughts

I have been thinking about Hope Revolution today.  I was pouring a glass of milk and thinking that I would like to do something good...not sure what it was and I remembered the whole idea of Hope Revolution.

Actually, it started because I saw that commercial where the dad goes on a business trip and the little girl gives him her stuffed animal to travel with and he takes photos and sends them to her.  

That idea has always been something I loved - when they started taking photos with the Travelocity Gnome, this commercial.  Then I saw this picture:





and this one...






I had already started this blog with WildRumpusing and I wanted to take some photos to make the Blog Banner...earlier this year, I found a couple of Wild Things figures and I have a digital camera. I think I may take one of the figures with me and take some WildRumpusing photos as I go along...

After I saw the commercial today, I thought I should take some photos to try making the banner photo collage, then I started thinking about art and then Hope Revolution.

Clear as mud, right?

Anyway, this is one of those things I can't really explain, but that I want to participate in. I remember when Roby read "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" - he had been on an airplane and the woman next to him had finished the book. She gave it to him and said, "Pass it on when you are done." So he did. I know there are movements - one I remember was leaving a book somewhere and the person who finds it goes online to register it...I like the idea of leaving things for people to find. There is one that is leaving homemade toys around your city for people/kids to find.

I haven't figured out what I'm going to do...something with Hope Revolution. To get a start, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin