Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 28: Holding Pattern

I had a show today. I don't know why, but almost everything in my life grinds to a screeching halt on show day. I don't deal with any of that stuff because I am trying to focus on the show and the translations and just getting to the place I need to be to stand up in front of 3,000 people and wear my heart on my sleeve. That's what theatrical interpreting feels like to me most of the time.

I love it, but it is exhausting, emotionally, for me.

I want to be the best I can be - as a team, as an interpreter, as the person conveying the story to others. I want to be less high-strung about it - i.e., life happens on show days, but I don't want to lose the passion or the drive or the joy that I feel when doing, seeing or rehearsing for theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin