Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 19: The Great Work Begins

Ok. Now I am in the home stretch...I have passed the halfway mark.

I feel a little like I'm not doing enough or thinking enough or making enough happen - that is my emotional response. My rational response is that I have been very focused on this endeavor, even though it doesn't always look like I think it should (lunch, sitting, contemplative, epiphanies...).

I realized this week that I am going again and again to the topic I have gravitated to in this blog more than one time. I want to be a person who experiences joy more regularly. I don't think it has to be that I walk around on cloud nine all the time, floating on happiness. I just mean doing and saying and reading and watching and participating in things that bring me joy. Friends, family, reading, theatre, music, beautiful days, movies- where do those things fit into my world? How can I keep them present in my mind and my priority list in this chaotic, busy life I lead? How can I tame the business (the chaos is not really mine to control) and really take this goal in hand and make it happen?

I have a lot of work to do. But good work. In the words of Tony Kushner, "More Life. The Great work begins."

2 comments:

  1. The pursuit of Joy is an admirable one and, oh, the rewards! You might enjoy visiting another site, awakeisgood.blogspot.com. She's currently seeking to tap into Joy, as well, and you may find a kindred spirit there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you so much for the referral! I will go check it out!

    Joy is good! I have been missing it a little, so I'm excited to find some. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin