Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Mock You With My Monkey Pants

I was watching "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" tonight and this bit of dialogue CRACKED ME UP!! This is why I love the show so much.  I couldn't find a video clip, so I just put the dialogue up...Oz is a guy who goes to school with Buffy. Willow is one of Buffy's good friends and she and Oz are attracted to each other and this is one of their first exchanges.

Oz on Animal crackers
from What's My Line Part 2 (Season 2) 

OZ: Oh, hey! Animal cracker?

WILLOW: No, thank you. How's your arm?

OZ: Suddenly painless.

WILLOW: You can still play the guitar okay?

OZ: Oh, not well, but not worse.

WILLOW: Y'know, I never really thanked you.

OZ: Ooo, yeah, please don't. I don't do thanks. I get all red. Have to bail. It's not pretty.

WILLOW: Well, then forget that thing. E-especially with the part where I kind of owe you my life.

OZ: Oh, look! Monkey! And he has a little hat. And little pants.

WILLOW: Yeah, I-I see!

OZ: The monkey's the only cookie animal that gets to wear clothes, you know that? You have the sweetest smile I've ever seen. So, I'm wondering, do the other cookie animals feel sorta ripped? Like, is the hippo going, 'Hey, man, where are *my* pants? I have my hippo dignity!' And you know the monkey's just, (with a French accent) 'I mock you with my monkey pants!' And there's a big coup in the zoo.

WILLOW: The monkey is French?

OZ: All monkeys are French. You didn't know that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin