Friday, January 20, 2012

How Does This Happen?

One of the reasons I don't like to take a bunch of time off around the holidays (I like some, just not too much) is that I end up coming back not only to the pile of work that generates while I'm gone just by virtue of not having anyone else to do it.  There is also the start of all this new stuff and visits and running around.

I find the catching up and the starting off takes away most of the beneficial effects of the time off.  I'm trying to work through it with as much grace and calm as I can, but I feel like I'm treading water just a bit and that frustrates me more.  I know there is a lesson here and if I can step back for few minutes, I will be able to see it. I'm not there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin