Thursday, January 19, 2012

SOPA and PIPA

I heard an interesting interview about SOPA and PIPA tonight on the radio when I was driving home...and now I'm feeling a little confused about the whole thing. I think I need to do some reading.

The radio show was "The Norman Goldman Show" and he was interviewing a writer (I can't remember his name) about his views about SOPA and PIPA in light of the internet site closures yesterday and the rising/turning tide of the SOPA/PIPA bills.  Basically, his point is that there is just as much corporate interest behind the Internet as there is on the movie studio side. Some of the most powerful interests in the country are involved in this fight and ultimately, no matter what happens, consumers are likely to be negatively impacted.

I need to do more research on all of this - I'm not really sure what it all means to us all.  I know I don't normally post political stuff on this blog, but I feel like this is such a huge issue and it is more complicated than we think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin