Saturday, November 29, 2008

Goal for December

I am not a person who ever shops on the day after Thanksgiving...having worked in retail in my late teens and early 20s, I saw the downfall in that kind of behavior, aside from the conspicuous consumption aspects...I don't think it was as bad then as it is now...I never heard of any of the retail workers being trampled to death...

But I do love looking at all the ads in the newspaper to see what kind of weird things are out there. This year, I saw a little gadget that I am DYING to go get - as a gift to myself. The results could be giftage, but the machine is all for me.

At Bed, Bath and Beyond (of all places), they have a little machine for $99 that will convert negatives and slides to digital. I have been searching for something simple like that so that I can take all the slides my family has and make them digital. With them digital, we can actually make prints and look at them instead of having them in a box that we take out once every 10 years.

I have been down with the flu for a few days and then on Friday, I coughed really hard and pulled a back muscle, so this whole thing has been dragged out way longer than it should. I guess it prevents me from having to deal with the crowds - that's good. But I really need to go buy that machine. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin