Friday, November 14, 2008

Weekend Crack

I am on the last season of "24" that is out on DVD. I'm not sure what I will do without my weekend does of TV-crack. "Buffy" is still my fav, but now it has an almost narcotic affect on me...I go to sleep when I hear the theme music. I'm sure at some point I will only be able to watch it while sitting on a bed of nails.

I do experience a moral dilemma when I watch "24" - torture, breaking the rules, going outside of standard protocols, violence...but it is just a TV show. I love Keifer Sutherland (have since his "Lost Boys" days). I get some satisfaction on really bad days from thinking, "Well, my work could be worse...I don't get nerve gas set off in the vents." At the same time, propagating this kind of thing isn't the best idea. If I had children, I probably wouldn't let them watch this show. But I don't.

Anyway, it keeps me sane sometimes. Just some crazy, fantastical tv show that keeps your adrenaline pumping. Although I often fall asleep when they have those long policy meetings. And they say, "Jack!" too much - like in "Titanic".

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin