Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Challenges and Choices

I got all revved up to do a reading challenge or ten for the new year...there are so many out there. Read a book a week, read books on a specific topic, read award winners, read books with A-Z titles...I couldn't decide which one to do. Then, all of the sudden, I realized that I was just setting myself up for failure.

JUST READ. That's all. READ. My goal of 30 minutes a day is enough. I didn't even do that all year last year. So I decided that although I thought that a challenge would make me more accountable, I also know that my life doesn't really work with that kind of challenge, so I created my own. Maybe I will make my own button, too. :)

For 2010, I am going to try to read the equivalent of 30 minutes a day each week. If I read an hour one day and nothing the next, that's will still count. So in 7 days, my goal is to have read for 3.5 hours. I will keep track of the books I have read during the year and possibly join The Oregonian/Steve Duin reading contest for my own benefit, but not to win.

That's enough. I wanted to choose to succeed, not to frustrate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin