Unbelievably, today is the second Blogoversary of WildRumpusing! So much has happened and yet it seems like I started this little venture yesterday. I spent a little time looking back at the blog recently and I am just so happy to have this place to come and think, play, ponder, question, experiment and explore.When I was reading some of the older posts last weekend, I thought that maybe the name of this blog was a misnomer - I'm not really wild and my rumpusing is pretty tame in the grand scheme of things. But as I read the evolution, I realized that while I'm still never going to be called "wild", I have been rumpusing more and more. For me, I think there were several of important turning points that led me to more rumpus-like behavior:
- Discovering 37Days and having Patti Digh leave a comment for me(!!) was huge and gave me some courage to continue to write my own story.
- Joining "The Next Chapter: Wreck This Journal" led by Jamie Ridler at Jamie Ridler Studios. Wrecking returned me to art and color and vibrancy and RISK. I am not a risk-taker, so this was an important discovery.
- Buying a digital camera has been HUGE...I'm still learning how to take photos, how to deal with the light, with the camera, etc. I feel myself learning and getting closer to maybe taking some of the kinds of photos I would like to take. I am most proud of the photo in the header of the blog today. I know I keep changing it, but I keep coming back to this photo.
- Taking "Live Your Wild and Precious Life Now" telecourse. Even though that wasn't a part of this blog, except when I wrote about it briefly, I found it because of blogs and both adventures have led me to this place of art, joy, exploration and courage.
- Finding out that my friends were finding and reading my little blog. What a thrill and honor to have you all come here, even occasionally. Kevin, special thanks to you - my first regular reader and huge source of encouragement. I appreciate you in so many ways. Thank you for all your generosity of spirit.