Sunday, September 5, 2010

Baby Steps

My original plan for this weekend had been to go see a couple of movies, run some errands (oil change, get gas, go to Art Media, Uwajimaya) and do some art.  My original plan did not include a sore throat and cold.  The sore throat resolved itself after eating lots of Hot and Sour soup (man, that stuff really helped).  Now, my cold is settled in my chest and only really makes a major appearance when I laugh, breath or cough and results in a lovely barking cough which feels like someone is pulling my throat out. It hasn't quite gone into my lungs, so I guess that is a good thing.

I did venture out of the house today and I saw "Inception".  It was a good movie - very twisted and complex, but I liked it. They chose a good cast to carry out such a complicated storyline.  I also saw a trailer for a movie called "Social Network" about the invention of Facebook. It looked VERY interesting. It's due out on October 1, 2010. I can't wait to see it.  **I did have to stick rolled up tissues in my ears again because the movie was too loud.  I have to remember to buy some ear plugs because this tissue thing is getting old.  Why do movies have to be that loud?  I like loud music, I like loud movies, but loud to the point of pain?  Not cool.

2 comments:

  1. are you getting better now? sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

    usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application, such as platycodon.

    i hope it works on you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane- Feeling much better now, thanks! Welcome to the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin