Thursday, September 2, 2010

Random Acts of Awfulness

A couple of days ago, a woman was stopping at the Starbucks across from the building where I work. It was around 7:15pm (I had just left work at that time) and a total stranger approached this young woman and threw acid in her face. Luckily, the woman who was injured had just purchased and was wearing her new sunglasses. She had surgery today to help relieve some of the pressure.

It is so disturbing to know that something like this happened so close to where I spend most of my waking hours. It just takes a quick moment of hatefulness or insanity or evilness and we are pulled abruptly from our sanitized, secure lives. Our building is secure, but it just gives me pause to think that something so terrible happened in our podunk little town.

Sad commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin