Friday, September 17, 2010

Not Spewing

I was playing spider solitaire today and heard a Delta commercial and the quote, "The thing you push against is the thing that lifts you up."  It sort of rang in my ears and I have to think about it some more. There is meaning there for me.

Today, I couldn't think of a good Facebook status and I mentioned that. One of my friends told me I should just spew forth. Sadly, as much as I would like to, I can't. But I can say that today, it was certainly tempting. I was on PTO but spend much of the day putting out fires. I don't think I should have to work when I'm on PTO, but it happens every time. Frustrating.

I'm not going to say any more about any of this because it took me a lot of time and energy and effort and a lot of Solitaire games to intervene in the mind-spinning that was going on today. Now, I'm feeling a little more serene and I have the weekend to regroup. That's comforting.

And can we stop talking about the acid-throwing in Vancouver now? I'm tired of hearing about it.

Signing off grumpily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin