Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jean and the Very Bad, Horrible, Rotten, No Good, Awful Day

Starting my day out yelling on the phone with someone did not bode well. I am not a yeller. I'm loud sometimes, but I'm don't usually yell. I did today. Then a meeting about yukky stuff (insert Mr. Yuk face here). Then scheduling hell. Then a meeting I should have remembered except that I thought today was Tuesday and it was really Wednesday. Then another meeting. Then more bad stuff. Then grumpy people. Then finding out more bad stuff. And bad stuff and bad stuff. Then someone thrusting work on me without any context. Then some bad stuff. Then, I finally got to leave.

Honestly, all I really wanted for dinner was a chocolate milkshake. But I didn't want to talk to anyone or stop - even in a drive-thru. Then I thought I would treat myself and go to Borders or Barnes and NOble and buy a book. But those darn people would be inside there, too. I didn't go to the book store. Wait, let me say this again for emphasis:*I didn't go to the BOOK STORE.**  I'm pretty sure there is some club or some group of people who would rescind my membership if I actually said those words aloud to them. This is completely NOT NORMAL for me.  After nearly being killed by all the drivers in Oregon and Washington who apparently have never seen rain before, I decided to just get home.

When I was able to think clearly and stop thinking about how I wanted to quit my job and go live in a commune or something, I realized that I have a day/week like this EVERY YEAR in September/October.  It just happens. I don't know why. I hate it, but at least I know it happens every year, like clockwork. And it made me realize that if my boss is still here in October, I will owe him a dinner.  He will be the first boss I have had in a long time who stayed longer than a few months.

So, at the very end of the day, I ended up with a milkshake anyway, because I needed it. Thus ends the very bad, horrible, rotten, no good, awful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin