Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Old Reliable"

Appropriately, I watched a Buffy episode called, "Doppelgangland". Usually, when I watch this episode, I'm more focused on the part where Willow's doppelganger is pulled from an alternate universe...this time, not so much.

This time, my favorite exchange was:

"XANDER
Willow! Did you remember to tape
Biography last friday?

WILLOW
Uh huh.

BUFFY
(to Xander)
What did I tell you? Old reliable.

WILLOW
(bitterly)
Oh, thanks!

BUFFY
What?

WILLOW
Old reliable? Yeah, great!
There's a sexy nickname.

BUFFY
Oh, Will, I didn't mean --

WILLOW
No, it's fine. I'm old reliable.

XANDER
She just meant, you know, the geyser.
You're like a geyser of fun that goes
off at regular intervals.

WILLOW
That's old faithful.

XANDER
Isn't that the dog that the guy has
to shoot --

WILLOW
That's old Yeller.

BUFFY
Xander, I beg you not to help me.
(to Will)
Will, I didn't mean it in a bad way.
I think it's good to be reliable.

WILLOW
Well maybe I don't wanna be reliable
all the time. Maybe I'm not just
doormat... person. Homework Gal.

XANDER
I'm thinking nervestrike.

She's up and ready to head inside. Starts in, turns back.

WILLOW
Maybe I'll change my look.
Or cut class. You don't know.
(holds up banana)
And I'm eating this banana.
Lunchtime be damned!"

Some days, it is hard to be reliable. 'Nuf said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin