Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fleeting Ideas

I always think about all these good things to write about when I am out of the house, driving down the road or at work or when I'm in the store or someplace where I can't write my idea down and then, when I get home, I forget. I had an idea today, but it went that way, too.

Ran some errands, prepared for Mother's Day a bit, did some work, did some art, took a nap today. Nothing too exciting. I found an online course I am thinking about taking - with SARK. I love her books, but I'm reluctant to sign up for another weekly call commitment, although this one is at a better time than my other telecourse (which was so worth it!!). I am still pondering, so I will keep the blog posted about it.

Anyway, that's all I know today. I'm feeling like I'm in a blog rut, so I'm looking for things to spice it up. We'll see what happens, right?

!!I just remembered one of the things I was thinking about!! I was in the car today listening to the radio and I heard an interview with Elie Wiesel. At first, I didn't know if it was him (although I thought it was from his voice) and I kept listening. He is such a profound person. He moved me to tears by some of the things he was saying. I will look for the podcast of the interview...

One thing that struck me in the interview was when the interviewer (David Bender, I believe) asked Professor Wiesel how we can impact the next generation when they have no Holocaust/Shoah Survivors to speak to in person - how can we tell the story so that they don't forget history? Professor Wiesel said, "When you listen to a witness, you become a witness." I realized how true that is in so many ways and yet, it is another place that people are afraid to take responsibility in their lives many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin