Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

**I was digging around for something over the weekend and I found the little Max figure that I photographed for the banner of the blog. I haven't really paid attention to it for a long time other than the photo. Turns out it is really only about 6 inches tall - if that! I was so surprised when I saw it - his personality is so big and the photos are so close that the figure lives in my mind as a much larger piece. It's funny how our mind can trick us that way.

**I totally should have packed tonight but I watched "American Idol" and "Glee" and totally loved them. I love the guy who plays Kurt on "Glee" and I thought the show was particularly powerful tonight. I didn't love that they had Idina Menzel sing "Funny Girl" - I didn't think it worked in that particular context. I'm not a Lady Gaga fan, either, but I thought they did some great stuff tonight. I was particularly impressed with the girl who plays Santana. I thought she sounded great.

**Can I just say that I can't wait until the FCC decides on the VRS reimbursement rates? The politics are exhausting. I can't wait to be done.

**I'm excited to go on vacation - I'm going to have time to READ and not feel guilty! I love that. I haven't decided what I'm going to bring to read. I'm trying to travel light, so I have to actually decide on something. I'm going to bring my Kindle, too, but I'm not sure I have what I want on there.

**Vacations are GOOD. I'm going to take a beach vacation during the summer - this is more of a mini-vacation. Can't have too many of those. I have three weeks of time off coming to me, so I'm happy to use some of it.

**I'm loving "Friends" right now. Each time I watch the series, I find new things that are so funny or a new character to focus on. I don't have a favorite character, but right now, I'm watching Chandler a lot. I also love the whole thing when Joey doesn't know how to use the air quotes, "I'm sorry". Hee hee. I love that. I know you have to know what I'm talking about to think it is funny, but trust me, it is FUNNY. I was a late-comer to the "Friends" party, but I'm totally on board now.

**Good night, friends. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin