Monday, May 3, 2010

What a Relief!

I was reading another blog yesterday and they brilliantly explained why blogging can be difficult sometimes. I was relieved to know that I was not the only one who thought some of these thoughts:

(forgive me if I misquote the stats...)
40% of your life is too personal to be put out on the internet in blogform
40% is too complicated or would take too long to get into and there just aren't enough hours in the day
10% of your life is just too dang boring to be believed which leaves
10% that is really available to talk about.

Then there is the whole "coming up with an idea for a post" issue. I bought a book on lists, but many of the lists fit into the first 80% listed above. I have looked at journal prompts, but I am never inspired to write anything good there...I wonder if that is a defense? When I was in high school, we had a daily journal prompt in my journalism class and I just did these stream-of-conciousness writings. I wonder if I have too many blocks and defenses built up against writing that way now.

Anyway, that's what I was thinking about as I was trying to come up with a post for today.

Mostly, today was too boring to be believed or too complicated and/or personal to be included. Either way, not too exciting for anyone reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin