Friday, February 11, 2011

Art Journal Week 6?

I am disappointed that I just can't seem to make/find time to do 10 minutes each day. I think I am more of a "big chunk of time" person.  I want to train myself out of that, but I didn't make it this week.

I worked my 40 hours in the first 4 days of the week and then some. By the time I got home each night, I just wanted some dinner and some time to veg. I did a couple of small things, but I didn't do any new pages or anything.

It's all a process. I have decided that even though I feel disappointed, I'm not mad at myself and I'm not going to do that thing that I sometimes do - "oh, I didn't succeed at what I wanted to do PERFECTLY so I will stop doing it altogether." I'm going to keep trying and keep working. That's all. This is for me. There is no competition or race or expectation except for the ones I put on myself. Expectations aren't bad, but I am also working on being fine with not doing everything 100% all the time.

I'm still working to carve out a dedicated workspace. That will help. Sometimes it really is about the whole set-up/take down that is the discouraging part.  Anyway, I will be working on some stuff this weekend and will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin