Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscars, Thai Food, San Jose and Update

So, we met another friend for breakfast this morning, but I couldn't eat or drink anything. :( It sucks. Gonna be one of those long haul instances. Luckily, all of them have been around when it happens and they know not to fuss about it.

After breakfast, we went to the movies and saw "No Strings Attached" with Ashton Kucher and Natalie Portman. It was sweet and funny and made me laugh. I'm moving pretty slowly - my energy is draining because I feel dehydrated. It's a weird thing, but I did enjoy the movie and I was able to relax a bit.

When the movie was done, we went back to the house, played more "Bananas" until it was time for the Oscars at a cousin's house. I was bummed because they were going to order Thai food and I was SO EXCITED for it. Finally, at about 8pm (when the show was almost over), the spasm ended and I was able to eat and drink. I was so happy. It made the Thai food the best Thai I've had in a LONG TIME. We had pineapple fried rice, Pad See Ew (spelling), and a bunch of appetizers plus some brown rice. This is the second time I have had the Pad See Ew and I really liked it! I think I'm going to order it next time and eat it while it is hot! :)

The Oscars kind of sucked. There were some good moments, but James Franco was not a good host. It was almost painful to watch him and then see how hard Anne Hathaway was trying. When Billy Crystal came on stage for a few minutes, I almost cried from relief for those few minutes. I don't know if I have the heart for the Oscars anymore. Ever since "No Country for Old Men Staring at Goats for Oil" year, the Oscars have left a lot to be desired. Maybe next year I will tape it and THEN watch it so that I can forward past all the pain.

After the Oscars, we had to pack up the truck and drive to San Jose so that I would be ready for the meetings tomorrow. The hotel is Hayes Mansion. The room is nice and the grounds are a giant maze. I hope I can find my way around tomorrow. I'm excited to see everyone. And I'm thrilled to be able to drink WATER again! You don't know how much you miss it until you CAN'T have it.

All right - good night! More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin