Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fruitful Sunday and Bowling Metaphor

Well, I've come to the conclusion that art journaling is like my bowling game.  When I used to bowl a lot (it helped me heal my sciatic nerve pinch back in the day), I would bowl three games. The first game was a warm-up. Okay score, kind of lukewarm, inconsistent. The second game was always the BEST GAME.  Each week, I got better in the second game. That second game always made me think that if I just played one more game, I would be able to beat the score and get on a roll somehow. I was always wrong. The third game was a downhill slope that moved quickly. I was either overconfident or just starting to get tired and my scores were always terrible.

So it is with my art journaling pages of late.  I did four spreads today (which I enjoyed thoroughly, even though the results are mixed).  I still haven't figured out what I want to do with my inchie project that I started last week, so I worked with my Kelly Kilmer-style pages, using templates she provides in her online workshops.  I like letting go and trying things just to see how they work. Obviously, sometimes things are not going to turn out the way I want them to, but sometimes some good stuff comes out.


The colors here aren't quite right. I think I need to take a photo in different lighting. It's weird that I took the spread photo in the same light and the background color came out more pink and I adjusted them with the same program at the same time. 





This is my favorite spread and the two pages look beautiful to me. I would NEVER put these colors together, but I liked the end result. 



The colors on these didn't come out quite the way I wanted. I didn't have the right backgrounds, I think. I wanted a brighter pink for the girl, but then I rethought it.

I started this page with a totally different focal image and then screwed up the template and didn't really know how to recover. I don't like the dark blue at all, but I just decided to stop messing with it and let it go. It doesn't have to be perfect, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin