Wednesday, February 16, 2011

News Noise

I am compelled to watch at least the first few minutes of the news on a semi-regular basis, but it is getting harder and harder. I try to make it to the weather forecast most of the time, but sometimes I can't do it.

A sampling of today's news noise: A very sad story about animals rescued from a neglectful situation with a very effective shot of a reporter standing out in the dark and cold at the Humane Society after dark. A story about caramel coloring in colas causing cancer without information about how many thousands of pounds of coloring they had to feed the rats before they got the effect they wanted. Banter from the anchor people. Bed bugs. Baldness and cancer. Fear. Robbery. Fear. Snowpocolypse 2011.

If I listened to all of this and took it all seriously, I would feel more like rolling up into a ball and pulling the covers over my head than I already do.

Sometimes I wonder what the anchor people think as they read their ridiculous fodder.

Oh. OH! And don't EVEN get me started on one of the most horrific commercials EVER!  Isn't it bad enough that there is a local commercial that actually shows a close up shot of dog poop or the commercials where the bears have toilet paper stuck to their behinds. EW.  But last night. Last night's entry took the cake. Or pie, as it were.  It is a Mac and Cheese commercial and the very cute little girl who is about 8 years old (give or take a year) complaining about the food her mother has made for her.  I believe the phrase "shove...down my pie hole" actually came out of her mouth.  The first time I heard it, I doubted myself. After the 4th time I saw it last night, I was flabbergasted. I don't eat macaroni and cheese, so my lack of consumption will not make any impact, but I am seriously considering writing a letter to the company about it.  I have always considered that phrase to be equal to swearing.

1 comment:

  1. That ia why I do not watch TV. I have to turn the Chanel or leave the room if the aspca commercials come on. Hubby still watches so I have to here it if I am in the same room.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin