Thursday, February 24, 2011

Packing Lessons

I think I need lessons in packing. I don't know why I feel like I need to take everything in the world with me when I go on a short trip. There are little booklets and pens and crosswords and things to do hidden in my purse, my backpack, my suitcase.  What I really need are clothes, a book, some music, my toiletries, my comb, some medicines I might need. That's it.

I think I have to go back to the backpack and unload some stuff. It is too heavy. If I didn't touch it last time I went on a trip, I don't know what makes me think I will use it this time.

I will try to blog from the trip, but I may have to do manual entries for a day or two and then catch up and type them in.  Handwritten posts still count in keeping my commitment to myself to write every day - there is just a little anticipation before I get it all posted on the blog.

It will be nice to get out of town for a few days (business and pleasure). I will be missing the "arctic cold front" that is here now and bringing in 20 degree weather at the end of February. I'm not sad about missing that, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin