Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stage One of My Saturday Pages

This is the first page I made to prep.
The first edition of Artful Blogger magazine that I purchased a couple of years ago had an article/how-to about "inchies" and had a really cool page of photos showing how to take 1 inch pieces and create some art with them on a page. As soon as I saw it, I wanted to do it, but I didn't keep the magazine close by, so I wasn't really sure how to copy the techniques.  I have thought about it a lot since then.  A couple of days ago, I was looking at some blogs from the Art Journal Every Day group and saw a couple of folks doing "inchies" art, too.  I decided to try it with my favorite Hermes ads with the beautiful yellow, orange and pink elephants and flowers.



This is the first page I did. I didn't get them all straight, but I hope it won't matter once I work on the edges and really have a chance to work on the rest of the page. I'm not sure how it will turn out but that's the point, isn't it?  To experiment and try things I haven't tried before.

This is a smaller page that folds in and is next to the page pictured above. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the inside page yet, but it will probably include some of the other Hermes ad campaigns and won't be inchies (I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right).  For some reason, the editing program for my camera closed while I was adjusting the photos, so this one is a little dark but you get the idea.  I will work some more on this when I get up in the morning. Photo resizing on the computer always takes so much more time for me than I think it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin