Friday, February 25, 2011

Airport Delays

So I got all excited to leave work today because I was worried about getting to the airport on time for my flight. I like to get there 2 hours before the flight (at least). Normally, I have someone drop me off at the airport, so I can kind of control the times and whatnot. Last night there was some talk of more snow/ice, so I decided to leave my car at work and take a cab. I didn't realize that I would get anxious about it. When they asked me if I wanted them to pick me up "now", I thought it would be the best thing.

I went downstairs to get my luggage and went outside just in time to see the cab pull up in front of the building. The ride there was good and when I got to the airport, it turns out that the flight was supposed to be on 2 hour delay. Luckily, it ended up being only an hour and 5 minutes. The weather down in California has been bad enough to cause all of Southwest's flights to be delayed. Tons of people milling in the airport trying to get out of there.

The sky was CLEAR AS A BELL all the way to Sacramento. My friends met me, even though it was about 10:30pm before I finally got my luggage and we got out of there. We went to Mel's diner (a little tradition we have), had a great chat and I'm getting ready to go to bed. Can't wait for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin