Wednesday, October 6, 2010

FWWE Day 6: It Does Get Better

You must read this.  If I thought I could do it better, I would try, but I can't.

Growing up in this world is hard enough, when you add any kind of difference, it just makes it that much harder. Roby was suicidal at times when he was a teenager. I never really understood that inclination - I just never considered suicide an option, but I alway had supports around me and that makes all the difference.

If you know someone who might need some support, reach out.  If you want to know more, check out Dan Savage's YouTube channel for "It Gets Better" - videos to reassure young people who are struggling with their sexuality or struggling with other people who are not accepting their sexuality.  I have seen some of the videos and they are really inspiring. Hopefully, lots of kids are getting the hope they need to get through the tough years.  Here is a story on Savage's idea.

This story was all over Facebook a couple of days ago. I started writing a post, but I think I wasn't quite ready to go there. Sorry for the delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin