Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Continuous Reinvention of Wheels

I"m pondering the phenomenon which leads people to clutch ideas closely to their chest rather than sharing so that everyone can contribute their strengths, promote levels of consistency and utilize the collective brain for the best possible outcome.

I guess I have always been a curious person and I want to know what other people are doing - how do they handle people, situations. I think people have so many great ideas and such innovative projects and plans and I always want to maximize the good that can be gotten from something like that.  Much to my dismay, many people are not interested in that kind of sharing.  I haven't decided if my desire to do this is based in some experience I had or if it is some kind of cultural thing. Is it because I am a woman?  I'm not sure, but what I do know is the we waste a lot of time reinventing the wheel.  It is exhausting and irritating sometimes, especially when you know there is possibility out there - you know that there are great minds who are trapped in small thinking.

That's what I was thinking about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin