Sunday, October 31, 2010

Out of Step

I'm having one of those days when I just feel like I'm on another planet or something. I have felt a little odd all day, just out of sync. I watched some television today and as I watched phone commercial after phone commercial, I felt even more out of step with things. I love my technology - don't get me wrong...but I just don't understand the need to be on the phone 24/7 or to be "in touch" all the time. I have always called my pager my "electronic leash", so this isn't new but it feels more pronounced. The more we start to depend on our devices - for movies, for reading, for communication, for music, etc., etc., the more I just want to do stuff that is face-to-face, real life. Is that weird? Maybe I'm just on overload or something. I don't know. Just feeling odd and out of step today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin