Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nostalgia, NYC and "Les Miz"

This was a picture taken in 1999 in New York City.  I had just completed the week-long "Interpreting for the Theatre" intensive taught at The Juilliard School through a program at TDF's (Theatre Development Fund) TAP (Theatre Access Program).  It was one of the most intense weeks of my life. The last night, a bunch of us went to see "Les Miserables" as a final activity. I had seen the show several times in the past but several of the others had never seen the show.  Tammy is my friend in the picture (on the right).  She and I traveled together and went through the program together.  We were both lucky enough to be selected to interpret pieces of "Miss Saigon" at the Broadway Theatre. The night we interpreted was Lea Salonga's last night with the show.  She had returned for a limited engagement and she was A-M-A-ZING!

The photo on the right is the 1999 group at the Crown Plaza hotel after our performance night. We were all riding high after an intense but wonderful week.

I went back to the program again in 2005 on my own. It was an equally rewarding and challenging program the second time. I loved every minute of it.  Last week, I dreamed that I went again for a third time. Who knows? Maybe I will.

This photo is with the class I was in in 2005.  What an extraordinary group of people. Amazing.  We worked on "La Cage Aux Faux" which was good, clean fun.

I can't wait to get to NYC again. See some shows. Go to some museums. Visit some friends.  Sounds like fun, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin