Sunday, October 10, 2010

FWWE Day 9: Open Yourself to Fun

Whew! I'm ready for the weekend..Oh, wait...the whole weekend is over. Literally. Yikes. I was really busy and ran around the whole, entire weekend. Presented on Friday, attended on Saturday, bowling with work folks on Sunday. Cleaning car on Sunday...now it is time to settle in for the week.

Even though I didn't have any "self" time this weekend, it was really a pleasure to see so many old friends, new friends and folks I respect and admire. I'm usually resistant to most activities that require me to give up my alone time until I get there and then I always enjoy myself. It was such a crack up to hear everyone saying over and over again, "We should do this more often." People get so set in their ways and it takes something meaningful to just shove them in a different direction. I think lots of people are like me in that aspect - once I start walking in a new direction, I'm okay.  It's the time before I get moved that is the problem.  I just have to open myself to fun.

Anyway, all in all, it was a good weekend. I'm a little tired, but in a good, sated way.  Now, this week...VIPs coming to town for work, lots of stuff going on. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin