Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 On the Way Out

It is hard to believe the year is drawing to a close...time is such a weird thing. In so many ways, the year has gone by very slowly and in other ways, it has whizzed past me.  I feel a pull to look back, but as I have said, when I do look back, I'm not finding anything too remarkable.  So, the last few days of the year are really looking ahead to what is coming up in 2012.

I will have to go back and read the end of 2010 to verify, but I feel very happy that 2012 is almost here.  I have some plans for myself, large and small and I'm excited to start. Obviously, I don't have to wait until then, but sometimes, having a clear starting point, starting off with a clean slate and an easy date to remember for something new is a good thing.

I hope I'm not ultimately disappointed in myself. I'm trying to just go into this with some excitement and also the knowledge that I will make mistakes and I will not succeed the first time (or the second or the third) sometimes. That's okay. For me, the trying is important. The imperfection is important.  I have a lot of lessons I need to learn and I'm trying to just be open to learning them and taking it all in.

Okay. I'm just going around in circles...I do that sometimes.  I'm going to sign off for now. I will be back again for the last day of 2011...Crazy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin