Monday, December 12, 2011

Headache - Go Away!

I had one of those days today - I started with a headache - maybe sinus, I'm not sure. The kind of headache where you have to pinch the bridge of your nose to make the pain bearable.  Then, I did payroll all day which required me to look up and down from paper to computer screen for about 4 hours.  Usually, I can either just look at a paper or look at the monitor, but not back and forth that way.  One of the programs I use for payroll changed and I couldn't figure it out, so I had to use the manual paperwork this time.  This made my head hurt more and that went down into my neck and shoulders.

In the late afternoon, the sun moves around (this is new for me in my new office space) so that the glare on my monitor is such that I can't see much of anything. I tried moving the monitor, I tried tipping the angle up and down. I tried moving the blinds - no go.  We are in a high-ish building and on the 6th floor so the blinds do not close all the way. Someone once told me that if the blinds close all the way, they create air pressure that can cause the windows to burst. I guess that would be bad, but I can't see my computer for 2-3 hours in the afternoon...I'm going to request some film or something because it is driving me crazy.

Luckily, I came home, took some ibuprofen, had some dinner, used my massage pad on my chair and it felt much better. I hope it doesn't come back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin