Sunday, December 25, 2011

Tis the Season to Be Jolly...Fa La la la la.

Well, another Christmas come and gone. What a relief.

I tried really hard to be in the spirit, to enjoy what I could and try to let go of the other stuff. I had moderate success.  There are just so many things I don't understand about people's behavior and the choices they make.  I don't understand why we have this maniacal drive to force everyone to come together in a short span of time and pretend like everything is "JUST GREAT".  Honestly, it would be more fun and more enjoyable if we could stop pretending that everything is perfect and go for normal.

Through it all, I have decided that I should take up meditation in 2012 and work harder to make myself happy so that it doesn't matter when these little things happen.

I took some first steps that I mentioned a few posts ago. Second step taken today - I'm going to partake in the 37Days Book Club.  Patti Digh is having a special year-long "charter membership" for half price. I'm already signed up and ready to go. Join us!  I can't wait!

I hope everyone had a good holiday, stress and all. I know everyone tries hard and sometimes we have more success than others. I feel like I missed the mark in some ways this year, but I was trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin