Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 26: SOUL FOOD

December 26 – Soul Food

What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?


Food is a difficult subject most of the time. Having been called "picky" and any number of other names in my life in regard to food, I have learned to just keep my mouth shut (in more ways than one).  Trying food is not usually fun for me as there are always expectations surrounding such an event.  People are either wanting you to like something so much that you don't want to disappoint them or they are feverish with the excitement of being able to watch you try something you don't like and then can discuss it with you ad nauseum.

This year, I had some food revelations. It was very exciting. I wouldn't say the foods touched my soul - no food can really do that for me...

Green beans almondine
Artichoke heart soup
risotto 

Some of my fondest moments with food are eating Thai food with my friends in Sacramento, eating Indian fare with friends here in Portland. I had a love affair with plums this summer and fresh strawberries in June.  Then the nectarines and the apples. Always, my lovely lemons. Now, I am on to oranges. Salads with lemon as dressing.  Fresh foods are my passion right now. It's the best a non-foodie can do.  

(Author: Elise Marie Collins)


{Future tool: Sark’s MicroMOVEment Support Sheets. For the next 6 days as you round out your year, we’ll share one tool each day to help you plan your year ahead.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin